Twitter

Twitter @Wombatwal

Sunday, July 24, 2011

More NBN Bullshit

Bloody hell it is hard to dispel the bullshit sprouted by the NBN haters/Neanderthals.
You all would have read the newspapers and news broadcasts about the NBN costing $190 per month.
Polls in newspapers asking would you pay this. Bullshit printed by newspapers about the NBN being too expensive.
Well, at the moment I pay $69.95 per month for Bigpond cable internet. This gives me 25GB allowance per month at a top speed that I can never attain of 30Mbps. I usually get between 23 to 27Mbps. No phone service with that.
If you go to this site http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-fibre-pricing-mainland.php and have a geek at the prices.
If I look at what I can get in trying to compare my current plan.
On the Exetel site I can get 100Mbps with a 50GB allowance per month for $59.50.
As you can see three times faster with doubling of my GB limit and saving $10 per month.
You can also get a VOIP phone service over the NBN see their charges here http://www.exetel.com.au/voip_planA.php
Treat anything you hear about the NBN particularly on radio station 2GB or The Australian newspaper or Daily Telegraph with a great big dose of salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment