Twitter

Twitter @Wombatwal

Friday, October 23, 2009

Sensing Murder Shenanigans



Sensing Murder a "reality" show on New Zealand's TVNZ, produced by Ninox Television, apparently currently in receivership.
TVNZ by the way is the New Zealand national broadcaster. It has gone commercial and puts on shows like "Sensing Murder", could they stoop any lower. Is this what happens when you stop funding a national broadcaster of taxpayers money. Any port in a storm I am sure TVNZ is thinking.
This show has three psychics allegedly getting "known" information from the spirits.
The current shenanigans started with this interview, see URL below.
TVNZ interview
Deb Webber mentioned a missing child in the TV interview. She said she got a flash after
walking past a TV talking of the missing child. Deb Webber said she got "Ditch, hole in fallen".
Well that got going in the media and on the forums and blogs.
Deb Webber got a lot of flak for her comments, getting in on the missing child without the parents asking her to be involved.
The blogs in New Zealand went off.
Kiwi Blog
The Standard Blog
Kiwi Blog

As well as the newspapers.
NZ Herald
NZ Herald2
NZ Herald3
NZ Herald4
Things then really hotted up for the believer set with another SM psychic Kelvin Cruikshank went on the Sensing Murder forum to run down his fellow psychic for doing this.
This is what he said.
Kelvin Cruikshank's piece
Hi ALL. I am currently in Australia and have a few things to SAY.
Firstly my prayers go out to the Family of Aisling and I like so many feel for them with this
tradgic loss..
I would like to put it out to everyone that when a person goes missing and Families ask for help
dirrectly to a medium/psychic then it is acceptable for the medium to help and support... BUT it
must be DIRRECT..
In this case it was not dirrect and that is why DEB is getting flack and I must say out of respect for the spirit and families that I beleive that Ms Webber has made a BAD CALL...
PEOPLE must ask direct and in this case it is and was all second and third hand.
CHRISTIANS do not beleive in PSYCHIC'S so they would not ask for help...
I am upset, as I too asked spirit if I could help find Aisling.. my answer from them was STEP BACK...
We should always TRUST in our SPIRIT not our EGO...
TODAY is a sad day for all at the loss of a little angel...
Also I have been receiving some rather nasty emails of HATE toward me and what I do... I must say that it hurts to be on the receiving end of someone elses BAD CALL.
Kelvin currently in Australia.

Kelvin Cruikshank then added more.
Kelvin Cruikshank again
Hi Again... I am not bagging DEB however I am mearly pointing out a fact... We all must check in

with spirit before saying things. Thats all..
Now have a crack at me as much as you like... I have tuff skin... You all say whats on your
mind in here and I am free to say mine..
You may be missing my point... We as mediums cant be pulled into cases or missing person cases were we are not permited to go.
Thats all I am saying... we all want to help, we all what to find and support but there is a time to let the experience of a missing person/case for all involved to FLOW naturaly... It must be what it is to be....
We are not Saints nor marters, we are good people like yourselves trying to be honest...
I know DEB would have meant well and come from the heart to help however she was NOT asked by the imediate family (MUM and DAD) to help...
All I have stated is that I dont beleive DEB should have been involved yet the pressuere from the public and other area's ie tvnz, reporters and good sermartions must play a part..
It's called PRESSURE.
We are human beings just being true to ourselves..
We all get that and we must all learn from our choices...
I have had a number of nasty emails, mostly when sensing murder goes to air.
However the emails this time are so sick that I have to say that I am not impressed at all..
I as a person can only take so much before I speak out...If I could post them I would
As a final word from me on this subject YES I am in Aussi currently, NO I am not on
National TV peddling a book... I have been invited by a small amount of Beleivers to share my gift with them... INVITED not forced NO big Shows just a few small events speaking about how much spirit LOVE us...
Some of you have NO idea what its like nor will you ever understand the pressure that is involved when all were doing is to try and HELP.
Anyway I could write a book on this.. Gee wiz I have and before you get stressed about me writing another book and how much I make from a book I can asure you that writing a book comes from the heart and most certainly is not about self gain at all. The hours and hours that go into a book and what you get back money wise is always in the red... The best thing about a book is the letters and emails of thanks, Thanks for showing me I am not alone etc..( if I new how to put emails on here to show you what I mean I would) Thats why I do this, Thats why I put myself out there.
I love spirit
I am now going to relax... Its been a busy full on day...
Sleep well all...
Remember were all on the same side

It got even more interesting when the S.M. forum administration got in on the act with some very interesting,flack deflecting information. Sensing Murder Forum is run by Ninox Television.
Sensing Murders Administration bit
Sensing Murder administration had this to say.

I just want to clarify a few things from Sensing Murder's perspective.
There appears to be some animosity towards Kelvin because he is distancing himself from Deb's
actions. The fact is, both Kelvin and Sue's photos have been appearing in articles about Deb's
involvement in the Aisling Symes case - but Deb's decision to comment publicly about the case was hers and hers alone, and had nothing to do with Kelvin, Sue or indeed Sensing Murder. Kelvin has been receiving negative feedback (which we have viewed) as a result of being publicly connected with Deb's comments and so it could be argued that he has every reason to distance himself from this controversy.
The Sensing Murder psychics are contractually bound to inform the producers if they are knowingly approached to work on an active cases and to seek the producer's permission before becoming involved or commenting publicly. This did not happen in this case. The obligation is to ensure that the producers are aware of every case the psychics have contact with (so they are not assigned this case in any future episodes) and to ensure that the situation is dealt with
sensitively and appropriately. In addition, Sensing Murder operates under the strict policy that we will only investigate cases when the direct family have requested our assistance.
This is a very, very complex area. On one hand, it could be argued that if the psychics have
this incredible gift, they should use it to help in every way possible. On the other hand, it
could be argued that no attempt should be made by the psychics to pass on information unless
the consent of direct family and the police has been obtained.
In a recent example, Sue received messages from spirit regarding a high profile case. She passed this information onto the producers of Sensing Murder. Sue provided an extremely detailed and specific description of where she believed the body of a missing person could be found. However, because the family had made it expressly clear that they did not want psychic assistance, this was the overriding concern and, accordingly, Sue's information was not passed on to the family or police. The next day, the victim's body was retrieved from a location matching exactly the area Sue had described previously. Had we passed on the information, perhaps the victim's body may have been retrieved a day earlier. But in the highly sensitive circumstances, we made the difficult decision not to become involved unless asked.
In another instance - Kelvin (through SM) was approached by direct family in a very high profile case. We urged the family to first ask the investigating police how they would feel about psychic involvement. The police asked the family, and us, to hold off until they had completed a crucial part of their investigation. In the meantime, Kelvin (in a controlled reading with the
SM producers) privately identified an area on an unmarked map where he believed the missing person could be found, with a specific reference point. We did not share this information with the family, police, or the public, but we did document it to hand over if/when police agreed to psychic
involvement. Three days later, the victim's body was found on the road that Kelvin identified,
near the reference point he signalled. Again, if Kelvin's information had been given to police
immediately, then the victim's body may well have been located earlier. But, at the end of the
day, we had to be guided by the police who were leading the investigation.
We have no doubts at all about Deb's accuracy - in Sensing Murder, we have to beep and obscure a great deal of information due to her accuracy, because it is too legally sensitive to include. And while we certainly understand that Deb wants to share her gift,we have expressed our concerns to her about publicly revealing information in this case.
There may well be a day when police do consult psychics on active investigations. We welcome this day, but also realise that there needs to be strict controls managing this process
(e.g establishing controlled parameters on how the readings are conducted; ensuring full consent
is granted by direct family and investigating police; and restricting the public release of this
information to ensure its release does not adversely impact on the police investigation.)

Here we have a TV network TVNZ collaborating with a Psychic about a current case to obviously boost it's ratings to the upcoming new series of Sensing Murder. The Television company that produces Sensing Murder Ninox, that sells it to TVNZ have a contract with the psychics. They are contractually bound to inform the producers if they are knowingly approached to work on an active cases and to seek the producer's permission before becoming involved or commenting publicly. Surely any publicity for the show is good. Obviously this bit by the S.M. Admin. is a flack deflecting exercise.
Then they went on to try and make things sound good for the waring psychics by spinning a yarn that cannot be coroborated.
SM admin telling lies for psychics.
Unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment